20 Aug Top 15 Things To Do In The Dominican Republic
Top 15 Things To Do In The Dominican Republic
So what is there to do in the DR?
Here are 15 of our favorite picks:
1. The Zona Colonial Located in Santo Domingo
2. Luxury In Punta Cana
3. Step Back In Time At Altos de Chavon
4. Explore Nature at Los Haitises National Park
5. View the Beautiful Beaches of Playa Rincon
6. Have an Adventure at Lake Enriquillo
7. Whale Watching at Samana Bay
Samana Bay is an ideal location to spot whales due to the fact that it is the last stop on the migratory path for these massive sea creatures. Each winter from January to February you can head out in the waters aboard a boat and see numerous humpback whales in this area set just off the coast. Tourists can choose from quick excursions to longer expeditions that offer a more personal meeting with these massive marine mammals.
8. Visit the Paradise Known as Isla Saona
9. Climb to the Mountain Town of Constanza
10. View the Breathtaking Waterfalls at Damajaqua Cascades
11. Party at Coco Bongo
12. Ride a Board at Cabarete
13. Visit the Basilica of Our Lady in Higuey
14. Look Down at Hoyo Azul
15. An Unforgettable Meal at La Yola Restaurant
While there are plenty of places to eat in Dominican Republic, this one sets itself apart from the competition. Located in the waters of the Cap Cana, the building sits atop timber stilts. The views are incredible and the food is even better. You’ll sit in tables lining the shore with the lights of Punta Cana in the distance as you dine on Mediterranean dishes creatively twisted with Latin flare. While there is much to choose from, seafood is often one of the most popular things served here.